20 novembro, 2016

A BRAZILIAN GAY RELATED DRAMA



Large in extension, Brazil is a country blessed by God, without hurricanes, earthquakes and volcanoes. At school we Brazilian learn the biggest river of the world cross our lands. Also at school all Brazilian learn about the flag of the Brazil: the green represents our forestry country; the yellow means the gold of our land; the blue and the stars are the our beautiful and starry sky. Inside the middle is wrote "order and progress", but remember the order comes first. The authoritarianism always been present, selling our fauna, flora and minerals and controlling and changing our culture and habits. Here, the ruling ideology belong the dominant class. You must never forget about this in the Brazil. Today, our country have been governed by irregular president. Michel Temer took the government and dealt a coup on democracy. 

The Brazil is a country for strong people. The people needs to be able to abide the misery, the violence, the injustice, the work exploration and the hunger. Our country is the 7th country most wealthy of the world, but a legion of poor and miserable people lives here. The social inequality is high. Here we have to live on slums in the periphery or at some settlements in the countryside. We have bad habitational conditions and many have not water treatment and basic sanitation. For everybody is hard to live in Brazil, but now imagine a little thing: if were you gay, lesbian, bisexual or transsexual? How would you be treated?

I was born and grow up in Coronel Fabriciano, a little city in the country from whence I came. I came out early. My family knows about this subject since my 17 years old. I was too young when my friends and family knew about it. Today, I'm an adult. I have 24 years old, and the matter of the violence and the prejudice against LGBTQs is a mystery to me yet.

I never know if the cause of prejudice is by me or only by my sexual orientation. It is very unclear to me! All right, I have a strange way of to behave, sometimes weird, I confess. I am spontaneous and my jokes are often no sense. It happens! Who doesn't have an uncle like that? But, I believe the behavior of the others about me it is very heavy sometimes. It is like if they looked or talked as if I had some subliminal problem untranslatable that I do not understand the why or what problem I have. Have I a problem? I believe I haven't.

During a long time I believed the contrary. I believed that the problem was me. I just couldn't get friends during all my teenage years, when I couldn't more hide my few female gestures. And to make things worse, surprise... I had gynecomastia, a type of abnormal enlargement or enhancement of male breasts, due to hormone imbalance. The life is a funny grab bag... just not.

To live in Brazil as a gay can be tough. The Brazil is a extremely violent country against LGBTQs. The Brazil is the country where more kill LGBTQs on worldwide. In Brazil LGBTQs die as much as a radical islamic fundamentalists countries. The Brazilian people are very prejudiced, conservative and sexist. Abroad, the Brazil is known like a sexual freedom country, but this is not true. This is a myth! Here many women are violated and raped. Surveys show us every 11 minutes a woman is violated in Brazil.

LGBTQs in Brazil suffer a similar situation. When I was a teenager at school a gang of others boys kicked me and punched me almost every day. Once time they whipped me with ropes. My mother was scared when she saw my back. I had injuries from behind the neck to back. When I had 15 years old an old man raped me. All this histories today was weathered.

Coronel Fabriciano is located in the Steel Valley, an industrial region where produces steel to all Brazil and some countries abroad, including China and USA. It is a place very violent. On state of Minas Gerais, is the 4th most violent region. Only Minas Gerais as largest and so populous as France.  Homophobic attacks against LGBTQs are more violent. A friend of my ex-boyfriend had his head crushed with a concrete block, he died and the local media never talked about it. A transsexual known like Xuxa Preta has been arrested without no reason. She was accused of drugs traffic, but this never was proved.

Today I live on Juiz de Fora, in Minas Gerais. Juiz de Fora was known as the biggest gay city of Brazil, but today is São Paulo. In Juiz de Fora we have the "pink law", a LGBTQ protection law. Here nobody can disturbing anyone only by to be LGBTQ. Who disturb a people by sexual orientation can be fined in Juiz de Fora. Though, this law doesn't protect nobody by their gender identity.

If the Brazilian people needs to be able to abide the misery, the violence, the injustice, the work exploration and the hunger, LGBTQs need to be more able. Inside the middle of the Brazilian flag is wrote "order and progress", but remember the order comes first, I said in the beginning this text. My interpretation in Brazil is: the LGBTQs is the disorder, therefore we are perceived as regress. The ruling ideology doesn't accept us. We have terrible jobs at call centers or at an informal employment. When we found some good job, we have to be explored on maximum. The LGBTQs salaries is very low. We suffer the most perverse social question expressions.

I am not saying heterosexual people is more privileged. All of us suffer with the ruling burgeous ideology and with the social questions expressions, but LGBTQs are more underlined as well as black people (victim of racism) and women (victim of machismo). Many cross-class social movements brace the cause of minorities against oppressions. Inside these social movements are peoples from low, middle until high class. Doesn't matter where are these movements in the socio-occupational place in worldwide, they get advances on social and civil rights, but don't guarantee economic rights. It will only be possible advancements on economic rights, guaranteeing the human emancipation for all of us, when once the most significant part of the LGBTQs, black people and women grassroots movements do a linkage (political and organic) with the entities of working class.

You accept my apologies, I'm learning how to write in English language. But, I needed to talk about this to you and to world. Something here was very difficult to talk and write, but I hope you had understood me.

Comente com o Facebook:

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Comente com o Facebook: